Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gardening Helps Man Put Life Back Together

"A simple therapy that is down to earth yet uplifting..."

Gardening helped Gavin McCabe to rebuild his confidence and social skills after he had a nervous breakdown.

Here is my favorite quote from the article:
A garden is a sheltered environment and it builds up your general ability and general competence. Not everyone who comes here is going to want to go into work. For some it just keeps them fit and mobile and in touch with people. For me it’s been a basis for developing work skills and it’s helped to put my life back together.
> Read the Full Story at The Times

3 comments:

  1. Nature has always helped me relax and find inner calm. I may need to try my hand at some gardening.

    -Kenji

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandfather used to work in a garden center in his later years before he passed and he absolutely loved it. I used to cherish visiting him there - the smells around every corner made me feel alive...even as a young child.


    I've just started to garden the last few years and love it - it is very peaceful. Definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. We all have to make things like gardening happen in our lives.

    I have a garden and there is something about digging in the dirt that is so serene.

    Iyabo

    ReplyDelete